A positive actionable pledge initiates progress. The Reykjavík Global Forum encourages the use of The Conversationist Pledge to ensure that we walk the talk, walk the Forum’s conversation: to increase the action and subsequent positive change that comes from the Forum.
At the Reykjavík Global Forum 2019, all Conversationists are invited (but not obliged) to make a pledge: a commitment to a concrete and measurable action, in line with the Forum’s purpose, for the next 12 months. The pledge can be personal, or on behalf of the company or organisation a Conversationist represents. The pledge can be big or small, involve money or not, can be local or global – each Conversationist takes an individual choice.
A pledge can be submitted to the Reykjavík Global Forum at any time.
A pledge submission must state clearly:
- Person or organisation pledging, incl. contact person
- The measurable action, details and desired outcome
- The timeframe and deadline, to be partly or fully realised by November 2020
The pledge should have indications of time frame and ways to measure outcomes. While there is and remains free choice for the content of the Conversationist Pledges, they will be, over time, clustered thematically.
Conversationists will have the opportunity to announce their pledges during the Forum in Reykjavík. The Forum will recognise corporates and individuals as their pledges turn into measurable outcomes during a special ceremony. A pledge screen (interactive and constantly updated) will display the pledges made during the Forum. Progress of the pledges will be documented online at Reykjavík Global Forum website throughout the year.
The Forum will continue to promote the Community of Action between the annual gatherings in Reykjavik, giving it prominence in the rolling calendar:
- The Reykjavík Global Forum Community of Action Breakfast during Davos week 2020, Thursday January 23, Davos/Switzerland
- WPL Summit 2020, June 2020, New York, NY, USA
- UN General Assembly, September 2020, New York, NY, USA
- The Reykjavík Global Forum will show the outcomes of the pledges. Conversationists can then renew the pledge, add to them, or make a new pledge – to be showcased at WLGF 2021.